If you haven’t heard, Coconut is the bomb.
In the kitchen or on your skin, the coconut is one of the most amazing edible gifts we have this side of heaven. Its milk is a wonderful alternative for those with lactose allergies, its water is refreshing, rehydrating, and electrolyte restoring, not to mention tasty, and its oil….oh, the oil! Let’s just say, it totally kicks the boot of all other oil.
I have used coconut milk and oil for culinary purposes for a couple of years now, and coconut water was my best friend during labor and recovery, but I always seem to forget that it also has amazing benefits for the skin as well.
Early on, Aria’s cradle cap and heat rash cleared up after just a few days, and after a recent battle with a nasty diaper rash, I remembered to bust out the oil and, voila! 6 days later and she’s free and clear! (Not to mention, she smells heavenly!)
There is also a whole diet based around the coconut. The book is “Eat Fat, Lose Fat,” and the idea is that consuming good fats (REAL fats and foods), and staying active, leads to an increase in metabolism, thus trimming extra unnecessary fat. “Eat Fat, Lose Fat” is a book you will definitely want in your kitchen as a great reference with helpful recipes and a suggested diet regimen. Check out my link below!
A few bullet point reasons to consider adding coconut oil to your diet and skin care:
* Boosts Immune System, kills viruses, bacteria, etc.
* Gentle on stomach and safe for infants
* Improves digestion and bowel function.
* Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
* Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
* Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
* Supports Thyroid function
* Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
* Dissolves kidney stones.
* Helps prevent liver disease.
* Is lower in calories than all other fats.
* Cancer fighting
The list goes on….
Also, check out the video below. I highly recommend ordering your oil from Tropical Traditions. It’s very important to use VIRGIN oil, and this company also supports the traditional methods for production in small village farms in the Philippines.
Click here to check out “Eat Fat, Lose fat” <a href=” Amazon.com Widgets“>Check out “EAT FAT LOSE FAT”