I’ll get right to it. ‘Cause nobody wants to read sentiments when there’s CHOCOLATE to be consumed.
So, go buy these ingredients, make yourself a batch, and DON’T TELL ANYONE so you can eat it all!!!
OR, be a good neighbor and share it with me 🙂
**Why “paleo-ish?”- I consider the chocolate used in this recipe to be as paleo as it gets in that it does not contain soy, wheat, or dairy, as many other chocolate chips choices do. However, it does contain evaporated cane juice which is technically sugar.Though not refined, it is still sugar. In that way, it is not paleo, and definitely not Whole30 approved. For hard-core paleo people, it’s probably sacrilege to even have paleo as part of the title, but as a gal who is comfortable functioning as “paleo-light,” (and enjoying moderate and occasional treats), I consider this a fair alternative to many of the other sugary choices out there. It’s also very easy to make. You could certainly find a way to use raw cacao and honey or something, but this is a quicker recipe. Enjoy!
Easy Paleo Chocolate Almond Bark
1 10 ounce bag of Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
1-2 cups raw almonds, whole or chopped
Double boiler or medium saucepan
1. Slowly warm the double boiler or pan. Meanwhile line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Melt the entire bag of chocolate chips in the double boiler and TRY not to grab a spoon and go to town on the whole thing right then and there.
I mean, seriously…..this is ridiculous…..
3. Remove from heat
5. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate onto the wax paper. Don’t spread too thinly. I usually spread it into a rectangle-ish shape.
6. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until hardened.
7. Break into pieces (easier said than done, I had to use the blunt end of a knife).
8. Eat your heart out!
** VARIATION: Add a pinch of cayenne papper to the melted chocolate!!
Follow me on FACEBOOK for more frequent updates, articles, etc.